Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] CDL 2022-2023 & 25th Anniversary LIVE DVD/BD release on July 1st
View Single Post
Old 11th June 2023, 03:16 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOONAppears View Post
If i knew how to rip Blu-rays i'd do it... does anyone have a tutorial or something?
I've used RedFox AnyDVD HD (https://www.redfox.bz/en/anydvdhd.html) for years to backup my purchases, both DVD and Blu-ray. It creates an icon next to the system clock in Windows; pop in the disc, wait a few seconds, right-click on the icon, then click on Rip to Image. It's really that simple.

That creates a 1:1 rip, which means it's 100% identical to the original. Personally, this is what I prefer; even though a full concert might be up to ~50GB, disk space is cheap, and after some bad experiences, I can't bring myself to blindly trust re-encoding with various codecs with an infinite number of settings to try. Then sit through the whole thing again from end-to-end, looking for glitches.

AnyDVD isn't free, but they have a free trial (3 weeks, I think). Once the trial period is over, even if you remove it, it leaves some markers (somewhere) and reinstalling will fail. I can't bring myself to purchase it - I do *not* support subscription-based software (purely on principle), and I think their asking price of 109 euros for an outright purchase is ridiculous, especially considering what they sell is sort of gray-market in some countries.

Do with this information what you will.