Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ASIA TOUR 2008 Asian dates confirmed!
View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2008, 12:09 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that they do. However, I think it's mostly tour goods that they make money from.. that and the sponsors [Panasonic and etc] help pay some of the costs.

Multiplying the price of the tickets [7800 yen] and the amount of fans that will watch [260,000] gives us around 2,028,000,000, two billion twenty-eight million.

And then you add the goods that people probably purchase [a shirt, random object, ayupan, and a fan, which is around 5700 yen] times the amount of people.. comes out to be: 1,462,000,000, one billion, four hundred sixty-two million.

2,020,000,000 + 1,462,000,000 = 3,482,000,000 yen = 32.5 million USD

Of course, you have to take into account that people will pay different prices for tickets and that people will buy TONS more or TONS less tour goods. I think that they tend to make quite a bit more.. I mean, that's how they can keep doing all of these tours. It seems as though the tour costs are always pretty high for Ayu's shows. Probably because they know that Ayu can bring in enough money so that they don't perform at a loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaru View Post
Spoiler:
I think because Ayumi's biggest profits nowadays are from her tours Avex does sponsor.

And like Truehappiness's calculation, they pretty much get the money back.
Thanks, guys, for that. I totally forgot about the cash that tour goods bring in. x_x