Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Moments
Thread: Moments
View Single Post
Old 14th July 2022, 10:47 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Cool Moments

Ha, got you again! You thought this was going to be a tribute to the song, but it isn't - though, maybe we also take a moment to appreciate Moments for the great song it is. Done? Let's move on.

We often talk about our favourite songs here: the tracks in full, as we appreciate them for their compositional glory, structural beauty, the stories they tell. However, sometimes within those amazing songs there are brief moments that are absolutely *t*r*a*n*s*c*e*n*d*e*n*t*. Moments you always look forward to as soon as you hear the opening notes, on the edge of your seat as it is about to roll around. That brief but blissful moment of utter awe at the greatness, there is little to rival it!

The moment that motivated this thread is from Days: an amazing song already with a whole bunch of fantastic twists and turns. However, those two seconds at the end of the chorus as the instrumentation dies down and jist a little sparkle remains and Ayu magically sings those last few words (ite ii desu ka at 1:35ish) - oof. It justs lifts the whole thing to a whole other level. It's all of two seconds. It's also utterly genius. There's two similar moments in the song (second time it leads into the guitar solo and the third is near the end), but the first is most impactful for me (and if I had to rank them, I like the third instance second best and the second third best).

There's many more such moments of course. What's your favourites?