Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A LIMITED EDITION setlists, photos, and etc. [IV]
View Single Post
Old 16th November 2011, 03:04 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
The difference between technical quality and aural pleasure is that hitting notes properly and breathing aren't relative... You either get it right or wrong...

Liking someone's english voice or the overall feeling of it it totally relative... u disliked it, doesn't mean it's bad.
This. And from the technical aspects forgiveness was some of the best Ayumi has done in a long, long time and that is all we can rate without putting an "I think" before it.
While M and progress(while I loved both performances!) had some of her worst vocal technique in the main concert, especially in the quieter parts of the songs.

If axmish87 was talking about subjective aspects like you(and it appears that was it) then that's ok, but the first post said she could "vocally do better" and was stated as objective without referring to those aspects at all. It made it appear like Ayumi was off more than in most of her tours(not true) and shouting more(she was shouting in parts but many people confuse belting, which she only recently started to do, with shouting even though it's the correct way of singing).

BTW: fan reports generally said this tour was better than RnRC tour, and even considering that it's very hard to judge vocals correctly when you're watching a concert of one of your favorite singers live, it's loud, there's excitement, there's bias...so judging depending on that won't get us anywhere really.