Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [VI]
View Single Post
Old 4th March 2012, 04:17 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
^^of course avex cares about sales, it's avex.

but releasing for free wouldn't make sense even if they didn't care about sales...record labels would still have to make back the money from producing the physical copies.

Yes I know. My point is, if the artists didn't care about their sales in any way, shape, or form, there wouldn't even be a need for record labels to exist. But, that's why its called the music business and by virtue of the fact that it is indeed a business its ultimately about making money. From Ayu to Koda to the tiniest artist on the label they are part of that business and therefore are always going to be concerned at least somewhat about sales. Of course they all care about their fans too, but money/business is also a part of the equation and not a small one. For example, every artist these days have multiple versions of the same album/single and to be frank, that has nothing to do with the fans and all to do with making money. I'm not even saying its a bad thing or that it is even the artists choice to do it, just that its not something that should be forgotten about.