Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 DVD/BD release
View Single Post
Old 28th August 2018, 12:12 PM
Initiate

Finally had a chance to watch my copy of chapter 3 and listen to jacket B cd. They actually didn't tamper too much with her vocals on this one. That was pretty much exactly how Ayu sounded on the day except a few note fixes and the hoarseness, and vocal flaws are much more apparent on the DVD. Ayu did sound better on the 19th, but she sounded really good overall considering her ear problems and that it was the last of a very long tour. While the cute section was kind of interesting to see in person, I actually cringed seeing it on the DVD. It just doesn't work for me, and I actually like both songs. In my opinion Timmy was very annoying. There was one part where he made me laugh but other than that I Found him annoying. I love the set list of chapter 3 and it's one of my favorites of her shows despite Timmy and the awful cute section. In terms of the cd, I like the reversed track list much better and the songs are starting to grow on me, though W still falls kind of flat, which is a bit disappointing since Rock Ayu is my favorite Ayu (I am, moments, A Song for xx, memorial address, Last Minute, FLOWER, Love song and SEVEN DAYS WAR were the highlights of Chapter 3 for me since they were on my bucket list to see live in person)

Last edited by AJFmzk; 28th August 2018 at 01:42 PM.