Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood-
View Single Post
Old 21st March 2019, 10:02 PM
BLUE BIRD Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
I love her so much so my disappointment really tears my heart apart but I can't help feeling the way I do.
Agreed. I hate being disappointed about her recent decisions to keep touring the way she is without releasing new music because I do love her so much that I want to HEAR from her more, you know? Her lyrics in her songs give us an insight into who Ayu really is. I get that you could argue that you still get to see into some of what makes her who she is during her concerts, but at the same time, I feel like with her most recent tours, it's more about just "entertaining" and I question whether or not we're really seeing what Ayu really wants to put out there or if she's just going through the motions because she's not feeling inspired anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
The most disappointing thing for me is more that we're not hearing from Ayu herself. The reasons for no more new music, or why the tour isn't getting a new theme. If she wants to focus on touring and is particularly inspired by TROUBLE or doesn't have the funding for a different theme, then all power to her since it's her career, but it's just radio silence.

I know that sounds whiny and entitled, but it's my honest opinion on this. I'd love to have any kind of insight on her latest creative and professional choices. It feels like her heart isn't there anymore in her work and she is continuing touring to both connect to her fans, and because retirement just doesn't appeal to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
Well this is very disappointing. I was so looking forward to the end of the touring and Ayu returning to making a full length album with PVs. But now she is going on a new tour for months. Then what? CDL TROUBLE 2019-2020? TROUBLE is her weakest release of her career. I don't get this decision, so I guess misunderstood is a good title.

I'm reaching a point of apathy towards Ayu's work. These days I kind of just sit here and wait to see what she does next. I feel similar to Koumori with the "radio silence". Having some insight to Ayu's creative process would make a difference. Hopefully the upcoming magazine interview will be filled with insight.

It looks like Ayu really has become an entertainer now. I don't see the artist side of her anymore and that is what is most upsetting for me personally as a fan.
But it's still early and there may be further announcements in the future. I'm frustrated but I still am trying to be optimistic and hoping for the best.
And yes there will be a negative reaction to this news. I think I can confidently say that most international fans did not want Ayu to go on yet another tour this year. Not all fans are going to be happy about this. It happens. So please spare us the virtue signaling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I think she became a businesswoman who focuses on earning money by constant touring. Maybe because she knows that there's only so much time left before she becomes completely deaf. Maybe she also wants to enjoy fans' attention while she still can get it. I feel it's a about putting on a show and making money. It's not about music IMO. When you care about music, you take singing lessons, you try to improve your singing skills. I haven't seen any improvement for years to be honest. It's all about visuals and theatrics.
As for making new songs, I've stated this before, she has written tons of lyrics. Maybe she reached the point she no longer has something new to say, at least on a regular basis. She doesn't HAVE to release anything, it's not like she has a contract between her and her fans.
I wouldn't call her lazy, she's always proven to be a hardworking person. Maybe she's just not invested in some things fans expect from her.
EXACTLY. I feel like she hasn't "spoken" to her fans in a long time about her true feelings because she's to the point where she was just tired of getting hate all the time. I can't blame her for feeling that way. It does seem like she's the Internet's new punching bag just for existing and still trying to do what she loves. I just feel so disconnected from her these past couple of years and it makes me so sad because I still have this glimmer of hope in my heart that she'll pique my interest again by concentrating on her creative muses with making new songs/albums/PV's. But I just can't help but feel like she's not interested or inspired to do that at this point in her life right now. And if that's true, so be it, but I would love to hear it from the woman herself so I understand what's really going on. I guess for now, I'll just have to be happy with the fact that she's still around doing SOMETHING and hasn't just disappeared. She must still care obviously, but I can't help but feel like she's kind of at a loss as to what she wants her next direction to be.

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram