Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Koda Kumi] The 189th Thread — W FACE inside/outside + Driving Hit's 7
View Single Post
Old 25th March 2017, 12:32 AM
As if.. Initiate

I'm curious to know what a """""true artist""""" is. Someone who writes and composes all of their music?
To me a true artist is someone who has an opinion on what he/she does and actually take the time to take care of his/her art. Kuu crafted her brand, she's not like anyone else in Japan (especially back in her hey days). That's what made her so big in the first place.

Even if I don't really like the direction she's going, she still is the one pulling the strings and choosing songs. All of Outside tracks may be demos, still, she took the time and changed the lyrics herself. She took the time to make two albums that actually make sense in their entirety. You make like it or not, but that's always gonna be subjective.

She's always making decisions regarding her albums, tour and single concepts. Just watch any making off.

I think to state she isn't an artist negates everything she's been through to get where she is now. A lot of artists have to endure a lot of shit when they are beginners to then share their own point of view through their music. That doesn't mean they must be labeled as puppets for the rest of their career. She's proven herself and her talent, she isn't a newbie in this industry. So yes, she's a true artist (in my eyes). Just because she does pop music, doesn't mean she's manufactured, not anymore at least.

Take AKB48 for an instance. Or idk, Fifth Harmony. That's what manufactured looks like. (as of now)

Last edited by Luck16; 25th March 2017 at 12:39 AM.