Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)!
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2022, 04:19 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
Today's the first time I've listened to ayu's music in about 4+ years. (Making my way through A COMPLETE.) Geez her music is amazing! I'm listening with new ears and a new perspective which I'd expect to have after so many years, and the quality of so many of her songs is just A1 (pun intended).

Also, songs that I used to have difficulty really enjoying (like kanariya and far away, for example) are hitting differently, in a great way. And some of my old favorites (like monochrome, WHATEVER, evolution, etc.) are sending me into orbit. Phew, what an overload of the senses. Pure joy
Great articulation of your experience. “Sending me into orbit” lol, what a great way to put it. Sometimes I think that’s how my friends and others around me think when I put on and/or am jamming out to Ayu — “yep, he’s in orbit right now” lol.

Years will do that to you — make you find new appreciation for tracks that were r in your top. I think it’s because your favorites aren’t as fresh anymore and pulling you to compare everything to them. You find the inherent “Ayu” im the tracks you didn’t initially enjoy (I remember the exact moment this happened to me with CAROLS; now I think it’s a masterpiece).