Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2021, 12:27 AM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
I'm part of the "I don't like Days" team.
I felt it was generic when it came out, and it didn't grow on me at all. This is really the kind of sound I don't find interesting at all. I don't want to listen to.
On the contrary I absolutely loved GREEN when it came out and it's still one of her best ballads for me. The arrangements are creative and stand out from her discography. This song is quite unique. That is what I'm looking for the most. Creativity, passion, commitment. GREEN checks all.
The PV has some really cringe acting moments but didn't ruin the song at all (and compared to Days... haha). The "backstage" scenes with the dancers resting and smoking are really well done.
Actually, Green has probably my favorite Ayu PV ever. The opening when the men wearing suits outside start dancing to the song just gets me everytime!

I think GREEN was the reason I didn't like Days at first because I was on "team GREEN." I thought one was 100% more interesting than the other. But, at the time I also couldn't fathom why anyone bothered listening to her ballads. I don't even kind of feel that way now, it's funny to me when I realize this too.

GREEN is majestic, and I remember when I went on gaia online back when and met a stranger who was really into music and we talked about Ayu, who he didn't really listen to much and he told me he liked her song GREEN because of it's more traditional sound. I pointed him to Theme of A Nation '03 and he was sold.

I think the thing I've learned to like about Days is that it has a lot of motion to it, like I feel as though I could be walking through memory-filled streets thinking about days that have passed by.