Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:47 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Yeah, but no one in their right mind listened to Days as much as we obsessed over SHUYA looking all adorable and cuddle-snuffly in the PV... Ayu was kinda OK in it. But by the end I was like, "Well, yeah, duh you were daydreaming he could be yours..." And then I was like, "Oh wait, at least she knows him. And they work together. And she can have him play her love interest like 50 times. And he'll do it. And he'll even do it wearing little to nothing. And he'll do it again on stage..." And then I just felt like the song, "life," you know? It's like that one song in Ayu's discography that tried to be something and never really got any attention because it was so outrageously outshined by the A-side on that single, which was only released because fans were so voracious about getting a full version of the interlude.

I agree though. GREEN was the track I wanted, but I mostly loved the promo CM of Ayu spinning in that cup and smiling. It was one in a series of CMs she'd done in 2008-2009, where she kind of recaptured that magic she had from years prior. Nothing beats that Honda Spark CM featuring Sparkle though. All of those are etched in my memory pretty hard.
I LOVE this post. don't know why but the "I mostly loved the promo CM of Ayu spinning in that cup and smiling" sends me! lmaoooo