Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 6th November 2018, 02:03 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
People are influenced by people they spend time with, some more, some less. Nobody said that ayu was a sponge and that she is just doing what others tell her to do. We don't really know how close she was to Peco and to what extent she actually influenced ayu professionally.

Keep an open mind. I don't think absolutely everything in her life happens the way she wants it Also you're kind of putting words in people's mouth which is totally uncalled for.
Ok...

Quote:
Oddly enough Peco was even in charge of choreography...Regardless of whether she actually gave ayu vocal coaching I am pretty sure that she was an influence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
I think it's strange to blame Peco for ayu's vocals. I would assume that like every other part of the production there would be a vocal coordinator who oversees the vocal aspects of the live show (unless that was Peco's role). I'm sure ayu was coached to sing the way she did cause maybe she was told it would mesh better with her background singers, but it's a bit weird to place so much blame on Peco unless she was in fact in charge of such things.

(If she was or if anyone has more insight into ayu's production methods feel free to correct me as I genuinely don't know.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larisa-chan View Post
Peco and Princess (but ESPECIALLY Peco) were absolutely a negative influence on Ayu's vocals. (As was keiko from GLOBE around the I am... period, in my opinion, but that's another story...). They sounded like over-dramatic wailing banshees and Peco was a real stage-hog. Also Peco looked like someone who never made it huge as a soloist in the music industry and it was like Ayu gave Peco her time to shine when she hit her 50s... (actually I have no idea how old Peco is, but she looked pretty haggard). I'm reading that Peco was a soloist at one point.... but was she ever a big deal? o.o
Quote:
It is only when Peco and Princess joined that ayu’s voice started getting worse, which was especially obvious in certain TV lives where the two had more prominent roles (is this LOVE?). I always thought ayu’s own recording would sound way better as I bg vocal than all these people who simply do not complement her. I kind of blame Peco for influencing ayu’s singing technique as well in a way that simply does not work for her.

Ayu simply deciding to have a closer aproach to singing that fits rock music, an aesthetic she enjoyed before fame and embraced on her career over the years just isn't a possibility. There must be this bad influence around her.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)