Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] HBYA - Theme song "Tokyo Rainbow Pride 2012"
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2012, 06:13 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
I find that, though, saying it is entirely different from acting that way in PVs or in concerts. For example, there is a model for a Japanese magazine called Happie Nuts who is obviously a lesbian. She fits the North American stereotype very well. However, when she came out a few months ago people in Japan were shocked. Readers seemed to think that she adopted the style because she liked the look. Using gay themes in Japan really means nothing, I find. I hope that Ayu comes out and explicitly states that she supports the gay community. It pretty obvious to us, sure, but in Japan she could be viewed as just being a diva and using gay themes for shock value.
I think you have to also understand that what is Gay in america or somewhere else is not the same case in japan or asia for that matter.
I mean rainbows and cute things are not considered gay in japan, where as in america the rainbow is a symbol for gay people.

you just have to look at the culture. Just because you dress a certain way and act a certain way does not mean you are gay.