Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Question about LOVEppears
View Single Post
Old 30th August 2017, 09:54 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
Things online say that the topless cover was controversial but I don't think I have ever seen someone have a problem with it or say anything bad about it.
It strikes me as weird indeed. We're talking about a country with a quite shady idol culture and gravure magazines being sold in convenience stores, not to mention otaku culture. Compared to some photobooks of other female singers and actresses the LOVEppears and appears covers are really tame. There's actually nothing really sexual about them, because her pose and everything is neutral.
Wasn't Ayu also the first female artist who released a photobook without her being half-naked? I think I read something like that back then.
I'd say the Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ covers are more controversial. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I believe the appears cover was supposed to be a light vs dark Ayu. I can't remember where exactly I read/heard that sadly.
When she was on that one TV show she said that she had a complex because of her pale skin, so she decided to go with a darkskinned look or something.

On a sidenote, I've also read that she considered the Duty look for LOVEppears at first or something along those lines.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Last edited by Aga-chan; 30th August 2017 at 09:59 AM. Reason: important addition