Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 「ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~Promised Land~ A」on sale 8/26
View Single Post
Old 17th June 2020, 11:23 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I guess in her long live career, it’s okay for her to have a show that she loathes lol. That’s the sense I get from PoM 2018. And honestly I’d agree; I didn’t enjoy that concert. However, this could simply be that I was going in with the original PoM in mind. I think that was the biggest mistake... the scale, simplicity and most of all the passion and emotion behind PoM led to it becoming one of her more popular tours. The “new” felt empty in comparison. I think she had good intentions but it was up against big competition I guess you could say haha. I’m glad I saw it in retrospect, though I can’t say I remember too much about it now. Which I suppose says a lot... haha

In any case, I’m excited to see this CDL on DVD since I couldn’t go
I had the same thoughts as this initially after I saw it live. Ayu had been building it up as huge PoM2011 sequel, like it was going to be her most extravagant show ever, so I was expecting this huge thing with the full orchestra and initially I was disappointed. Being that it was the only Ayu show that I've seen in person with the band still there, I actually ended up really liking it, and I kind of wish she would release it on dvd. I still watch the broadcast version every so often. I do understand why she looks on it with resentment, because I think it's the first tour that she had planned that her vision could not be executed the way she wanted, likely because of budget issues. She was really hyping it up at the beginning of announcements and it didn't turn out how she wanted. I'd be super disappointed too if that happened to me. I kind of have the same mentality when it comes to my work and if it doesn't come out exactly how I planned it, it feels like it's ruined. But at the same time, I think it was still a good show in the end, it was fun to see in person and I'm so happy that I did get to see the band, since she hasn't had them on any of the tours after CDL2018-2019.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 17th June 2020 at 11:26 PM.