Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai Natsu
Thread: [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai Natsu
View Single Post
Old 29th August 2020, 04:37 AM
WE WISH Initiate

I thought it was cute. Like some others, I really just want different styling. I don't find the outfit or hair very flattering for her. She seems to really like variations of that style though.

Regarding her vocals, I thought it was fine for what i expect from her these days. As Koumori mentioned, it's clear she is suffering some kind of more serious vocal cord damage. It does make me a little sad. I'm thinking it's probably something that's gotten progressively worse over the years, but has been more noticeable since 2018. TROUBLE was the first time I thought the hoarseness was apparent in studio recordings.

The cute voice, as some have mentioned, allows for more control, especially in more subdued and less loud parts of songs. She otherwise struggles even in the lower range and during these quieter parts. I think using the cute voice allows for easier air control (for low and high parts). The throat singing she does (uh uh in DaD) is also a technique that's a bit easier.

As soon as she tries to project more, the loudness/highness tends to turn into shouting, and shouting will also make you go flat more often. She's lacking control (which she won't have in her condition regardless of if she knows how) and shouting turns into the way to force the notes out (while causing more damage).

Sometimes, including on recordings, even when she's not yelling, it almost sounds as if her voice is stuffy. Like she's straight up struggling to get the notes out period. I think about the beginning of the And Then performance at natsu no trouble. It seems to affect her phrasing as well.

Anyway, I won't go on much more, but I think more often about ayu's vocal damage these days than I used to in the past. I can sense she's really trying, but as I'm not a doctor, I have no idea what she should do at this point. Seems she's trying to manage and make things easier for herself where she can. I think Timmy is trying to help her as well. I hope she's taking care in general as she ramps up activity.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter