Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores III
View Single Post
Old 20th February 2015, 02:10 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

They'll probably apologize and make something else available on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
the booklet scans aren't clear enough for me to see the mixing credits, but I can't wait to drag whoever it is.

so according to the credits, Last minute is completely digital. no one is credited for a real session instrument. this could also be one reason why the sound is god awful. I can understand wanting to completely digitize "rock" songs like Wake me up and Bye-bye darling. It worked for those songs. for a song like Last minute, which is supposed to have a raw, gritty feeling: NO! I just don't understand the motivation. now I'm imagining tasuku sitting around trying to recreate an acoustic guitar sound in Fruity Loops. like what the actual fuck tho
I don't understand why they can get the strings group but not a drummer. They at least had tasuku on non-synthesized guitar.. I think. Basically, this is probably what Memorial address would be like if Ayu hadn't recorded it with her concert band.

Last edited by truehappiness; 20th February 2015 at 02:24 PM.