Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 17LIVE 4th Anniversary meets 浜崎あゆみ" Singer audition"
View Single Post
Old 19th October 2021, 04:29 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
Well, I think just because she released so much in that period it explains her creativity drought. A lot of great artists have the same number of albums and songs Ayu released in 20 years during 30 or 40 years. The volume of work she delivered and, the most important, the quality it have is very unusual, even in pop industry. I mean, Madonna will complete 40 years of career next year and she released as much albums as Ayu did, but with some time between them.

And let's not forger her hearing loss. Creating music the way she did (she doesn't compose melodies anymore, but she picks and produces all her stuff alongside her staff) demands a lot of a department she's having TROUBLE (pun intended) with. Maybe singing live the songs she already know is less demanding in this case.
I agree that she has been super super active compared with other artists. Recently she also had two babies - it seems she wants to focus on that at the moment (a different life stage). But also, the label may be pressuring her to do lives rather than release new music, since given the streaming age there isn't much money to be made in new singles/albums anymore...