Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ARENA TOUR 2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ information thread [II]
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2012, 05:34 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
^m.. I think L'Arc~en~Ciel had a great success at Madison Square Garden month ago
Ivete Sangalo, a top brazilian popstar, had a sold out concert at Madison Square Garden on 2010, it was even reviewed by some major publications and recorded for a DVD/Blue Ray Release... Have you ever heard of her or any of her songs? I guess not... And she still is virtually unkown outside portuguese speaking countries and South America.

MSG capacity is around 15,000... With the right promo and enough time, is not that hard for an artist or band that apeals only to some groups to sold out one or two dates there, as it's not a very big arena... Ayu herself could have a sold out date there if she announced it with enough time for both her western and japanese fans to plan their flights to NY...

A lot of USA people also still hold some of the WW2 impressions about japanese people, what makes it even harder...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 5th May 2012 at 05:46 PM.