Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A LIMITED EDITION setlists, photos, and etc. [IV]
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2011, 12:48 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
She sounded amazing last year when she sang count down and Memorial Address, particularly for this last one, it was like a step back in time, it was amazing.
It's funny, because I listened to the recorded live (the fanmade one) last night and I also thought some performances were pretty impressive as regards her vocals (MA sounded almost like the cd version).
She could still sing with that feminine and gentle voice (I love) and I wished she could sing more like that in PoM.
There is both good and bad vocals in PoM. Overall it's a bit raw, off-tune and forced. Ok, it may also be a bad day. But she has so many bad days... She is improving for sure, but it's a long way to go.

BTW, I also think she could sound really close to the CD version when she was performing live, and without any struggle. Even if she isn't a good singer to some people (who seem to know what they are talking about), I've always been proud and impressed by her vocals.

As regards PoM in itself, the arrangements are just amazing. I'm really happy that a big popstar like her can do this sort of thing. I'm just a bit disappointed with the dancers and so on. I'd rather have something really different, no dancers, simple clothes and so on. But hey, it's ayu after all.