Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II]
View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:07 PM
Because of You Initiate

That's gonna be one beautiful MV, if that's what's it for. I don't care if it's just her in that costume and a pretty background. I'll eat up anything that's traditional japanese style inspired
Aderianu is reading my mind. First thing i thought when i saw the images -those would have been perfect for the covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim' View Post
Do we really need to find a concept/story/secret message to enjoy a release now?

I have to agree with this ! Some are definitely expecting a bit too much from this release (just like people who expect it to sell +100k, sorry to burst the bubble but that is not happening)

I myself was very disappointed at first that it was a 2 CDs compilation instead of 1 CD, filling this compilation with quantity instead of focusing on quality, and I do understand the disappointment as I love the original A BALLADS as well, I know what she's capable of as I follow her since 2004, but the ayu that created that album in 2003 is from the past now and we have to accept it as it is.

Remember how TROUBLE was such a huge let-down back in 2018 (advertised as an album, 5 "single quality" songs over 2 years of wait) ?
And yet people are still in denial, expecting that visionary-ayu to come back 3 years later just to get disappointed again...

This girl will retire someday, let's try to move on from the disappointment and enjoy her activity while we can
(plus, there's still time for small surprises, who knows!)
I agree with everything you said, and no, you don't always need a concept, but for something like compilations it definitely brings in freshness to the release, cuz everything else is recycled. And i know artists get burned out over the years of doing stuff, but i still stand my ground that just because she's not the Ayu from 2004 she doesn't have the creativity in her anymore. I think there's a lot more to it than just her being different - record label, people she works with (same ones over and over, without fresh blood), money, general state of the darn world.. And probably some marketing strategies, too..
On the lighter note though, despite of all of that i think as fans we will always have that bit of helpless hope simmering inside, that's probably what makes quite a few of us come back to check on her. I know that's what drives me lol I AM NOT GIVING UP ON HER

Last edited by BlackSilence; 23rd February 2021 at 08:09 PM.