Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [A] New album in 2012 ~II~
View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2011, 03:50 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by letter View Post
I used to wonder about singers. Can't they record the vocal tracks for the album in a day or two? They get through a 3-hour concert in one go.
Studio recordings are supposed to be perfect, lines are repeated until every tiny detail is the way they wanted them. That goes as far as the timbre on specific notes or how fast the vibrato on a short word is. So recording a song can end up taking from hours to days.
Some producers are so much of a perfectionist they have singers record songs line for line, word for word or even syllable for syllable, so that takes even longer.
The same thing applies to instruments that are important in songs, the lines are often played many times until they are perfect.
While live vocals don't have to be perfect, the song is sung once, there's imperfections there, it's not the same kind of vocal quality you would get from a studio recording crafted to perfection.

Last edited by isthisLOL?; 2nd December 2011 at 06:22 PM.