Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Official Website has updated the tracklist of the new album[Colours]
View Single Post
Old 9th June 2014, 03:13 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welurru View Post
I don't think it's fair to mention how other artists normally only put out 10 new tracks every few years. Normally if an artist has worked with Red One or Dark Child then they've actually worked with Red One or Dark Child. xoxo and Angel sound like bought demo's. Angel has an especially bad case of her singing to the demo vocals.
And xoxo could have easily been one of Nicki Minaj's RedOne tracks which where dated back in 2012 so sounds especially stale now.
I do like Lelio though I'll admit, but the English in it makes me think it's another bought demo.

So the point of this post is yes, she releases more than Western artists but if she's just going to buy the bulk of the album then at least spend more and get better tracks or go with unknowns who'll have better cheaper songs (Kumi does it).

It seems Ayu/Avex had 5 or so songs written in their normal way and just bought into the RedOne/DarkChild/Fedde le Grand name as a selling point so they could make an album.
Technically thats how all the songs are made. Ayu listens to some sounds, and says this sound is the one, then the process of buying the music starts. Its just shes used some western people for half of the album, like (miss)understood. But I dont think Nicki Minaj can be compared to ayus standards. Nickis more like kuu but not ayu. Its ayus creative style, shes got the money , she knows whats she wants

Last edited by douggn; 9th June 2014 at 03:16 AM.