Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [BREAKERZ] The 39th thread -Warming Up Party! + 20th single 闇夜に舞う青い鳥 (04.09.19)
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 06:43 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

SHINPEI SOLO LIVE ~Roots~ setlist

For starters , before each session of SHINPEI SOLO LIVE ~Roots~ began last Sun at Shin Yokohama strage , the setlist was distributed in advance to attendees before the concert began

This's so that fans are preempted on what songs SHINPEI played , in case they don't know the instrumental pieces' titles as he played a selection of BREAKERZ + cover songs

That has not happened to BREAKERZ's group & solo concerts so this's a 1st for something like this to happen

https://twitter.com/cherryoulife/sta...15610462576640

The BREAKERZ songs SHINPEI played last Sun included :

- THEME OF FIGHTERZ (FIGHTERZ opening track)
- BATTLE SE -VS- (the instrumental used at the beginning of each BREAKERZ 10 Shunen 10ban Shoubu -VS-)
- BREAKERZ LIVE TOUR 2011 “GO” background music
- REAL LOVE
- BREAKERZ 5th Anniversary Live BREAKERZ debut "WISH 4U" in Nippon Budokan background music
- WE ARE

While among the cover songs SHINPEI played , 2 of them GO FURTHER & ONE FOR THE ROAD are by B'z guitarist Tak

I don't know if SHINPEI played the same songs in both SHINPEI SOLO LIVE ~Roots~ sessions but it's interesting on what he chose to play , especially for the BREAKERZ songs

And I think it's so great SHINPEI kicked things off with THEME OF FIGHTERZ as it's still 1 if not the guys' best album opening instrumental track , especially since FIGHTERZ is still their only studio album to have an introduction instrumental

In this context I don't count X as BATTLE SE -VS- is only available in the fanclub version of the release

Also for SHINPEI to choose to play instrumental music from 2 of the guys' concerts , it's interesting & that goes for REAL LOVE as well :O

If I had to nit pick about the setlist slightly , it's that I'm surprised SHINPEI didn't include Ao no Mirai as it was the 1st song he composed in the guys' discography

And it's so fitting to conclude the concert with WE ARE !

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site