Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ setlists and pictures [IV]
View Single Post
Old 1st July 2008, 07:22 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
The whole weight issue here must be a product of region. I don't mean to bring stereotypes in to this, but Asian people are generally more concerned about weight and tend to see 'fatness' when other people don't. Others like their women with curves.

Ayu has loads of money, you know. If there was a real problem here, she would have done something about it. Obviously, it's not her top priority. I'm not saying she shouldn't care about her weight, most celebrities (especially idols) definitely should. But... she's not fat. You know, fat is a synonym for obese. I'm sure Ayu is not at the point where doctors are going to come in and say "OMG AYU YOU'RE MORBIDLY OBESE, GO ON A DIET NOW!!!"

Yeah, so throwing the word 'fat' around here is, I'm sure offensive to a lot of people already, besides being really ignorant because she's not fat. And it's not really an issue of opinion. =/

She's not.
Thank you for being the voice of reason on this topic.

Anyway, I'm expecting to wait a long time for the DVD. And when exactly does the Asia leg of the tour begin and end?