Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu's "worsening" voice?
View Single Post
Old 15th February 2010, 12:21 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Oh yeah, I just found an audio rip of Rule from the 8/23 concert. http://since1997.tistory.com/1884
Ah yes, I forgot about that rip. Well, it's fine, yet far from being very good (troubles with controlling her voice, maybe due to her hearing). She usually does fine with Rule I would say.

Quote:
She's never been too amazing when it comes to TV lives post-2004ish, so I tend not to count those because for whatever reason, she always sounds like she doesn't rehearse.
This is the impression I have too. But they are nevertheless a good indicator (with one performance she can focus more / she can hear herself better than in her tours...). I also think it's quite hard to judge vocals during concerts because you're into the atmosphere and so on... you're there to enjoy.

Quote:
If seeing her live or watching DVDs of her lives isn't good enough to judge whether her vocals are good enough, then just how are fans supposed to rate her voice? Just TV performances? Knowing Ayu's history with them, I'm not so sure that they're the best material to work off of. It's basically like forcing people into thinking that she's got terrible vocals! Or at least forcing them into thinking good vocals = edited and bad vocals = she sucks and doesn't practice. Even if she does well, a group of people always manage to shoot her down because ~the performance was edited~. Is she not allowed to sing well nowadays or something?
In the past, her Tv live broadcasts weren't edited so it was great to judge her vocals. Now everything is edited apart from her Tv lives. So it's the only time one can really judge her vocals, a lot of rehearsal or not, I don't care it's her job and after evolution's issue she said she will rehearse more .
I (like the other) don't want to force anyone to think that she has terrible vocals. IMO, it's almost the case actually. And you can't deny that she has troubles singing. If tomorow she put an awesome performance (and that I will be sure it's her real unedited voice) I will be the first to say "People who say Hamasaki isn't good at singing are morons" .

EDIT: If you're looking for "the face on every billboard" in English, I have it.

Last edited by hidekirby; 15th February 2010 at 12:24 AM.