Thread: [News] ARENA TOUR 2016 GOODS
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2016, 10:26 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Pop art again?
She really likes it it seems.
Also shirts with block pictures again. Would prefer pics, which are all over the shirt like Big Bang is currently selling them (and she already had them).

She could have gone with a simplistic version of japanese arts for her goods as a modern take. Or with something like Takeshi Murakami for the opposite.
Hm, a bit boring like it is now, though the pics are alright- she looks great.
Love that there is a pamphlet again!

Btw. the link in the first post doesn't work.
If she did that, there would be a big number of members who would be in shock I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
that is her view on Japan, and it's different from stereotypes and how we overseas fans see it
Agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia View Post
Made in Japan is like saying, "Made in China," something you would see on an item in the store. (I'm not saying this as a fact but rather how I interpreted it before) I am very astonished by peoples' responses to these goods and the theme.

Just think about Ayu and what her career has been.

She JUST re-released A BEST, an album that forced her to deal with the concept of person vs. product. Throughout her career, I feel like she has struggled to be her own person instead of a product of Avex (or the Japanese media for that matter). Now, she constantly has to recreate her image so that the public might feel better about her.

I love the look she's gone for, especially the shots from the photo shoot. She is so plainly her, simple and to the point. I've always liked how over-the-top glamorous and shiny she's been before but this view of her is also really exciting IMO. I don't find it boring because I feel like there's a bit more artistic merit behind it.

I find it almost crazy how some people are so disappointed that her theme doesn't appear to be more traditionally Japanese inspired.
Your interpretation is interesting.

Last edited by Yoake; 6th May 2016 at 10:31 PM.