Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] 2008 - artist total sales (Single + Album + DVD):
View Single Post
Old 11th December 2008, 11:21 AM
walking proud Initiate

lol at Exile's total. Good for everyone else on the list except Kobukuro. I don't dislike them, but I find them to be very overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post

It's nice to see that even tough Ayu had great sales with so few releases this year!
I would say that to us it was a slow release year because of a lack of new material but in terms of actual releases this list includes the release of: Guilty, Mirrorcle World, 2 Remix albums, CDL 08/09, Arena Tour '07 and A-Complete. As far as I can tell, the only other artist in the top 5 to release that many things this year is Exile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanmy View Post
Actually, it looks like Ayu sold less than all of the music acts on that list, however, she generated the second most income or something... (Ithink sales in 10000s are on the right and earnings in million/billion yen on the left Can anyone who knows japanese a little better help out?
That's correct. She actually sold less than all the artists on the list comparing singles and albums but she released more products than they did. Releasing 2 concert dvds I'm sure is the only thing that ultimately put her ahead of Namie since concert dvds are the most expensive of the products to buy and still Namie is only very slightly behind in total sales and did better in the amount of units sold.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 11th December 2008 at 11:35 AM.