Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Feel the love / Merry-go-round Single~
View Single Post
Old 6th January 2014, 08:34 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
^ Maybe because people got tired or confused because of that gigantic title? LOL

I would say the position doesn't matter, but I do like to see my favorite artists selling well, because obviously that's good for them.

For me it doesn't matter at all if the artists are in or out of top 5/10/20/30/etc for me to like them or not, one of my all time top favorite artists is constantly out of top 20 in oricon and I don't care about that, but still I'm always hoping for them to sell well, because sales are important for an artist to keep active, so I always hope they can do well in that sense. I couldn't care less about the position in the rankings, but the numbers do matter in a way... That's how I see it.
Yea, I do agree on that... And i also think, it is quite fun to see all those rankings, and how ayu fare against all those competitors... Haha...

Anyhow, I think that those rankings might also help ayu in some ways, in terms of promoting and marketing herself... I rmb that I was attracted to ayu is during her A Best era, where the TV will keep showing her ads, and in a very damn cool way... Like first saying "3 more days" etc... Then after like when A Best album starting to cool down, there is even an ads thanking the fans, and stating that this album got first in various countries...

Slowly, I started growing interest and research on ayu, and has been her fans since today... ^^