Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III]
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2018, 02:54 PM
BEST Initiate

It was the same for the encore, as well. I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but the performer's interlude was catcher in the light.

She sounded great 95% of the night, with very few exceptions. To her vocal critics - I know she has better and worse performances, but I do think she takes her vocals seriously. I saw Namie, Koda Kumi, and Ayu in this trip and Ayu is really the only one that relies on background singers and doesn't use a significant backing track. Honestly at times you could barely hear Namie over her backing track, and during some songs when it poked through it was sour notes (other slower songs where she used less of a track were great though). Koda Kumi also uses one heavily and while she has really strong belts and a versatile voice, she also has her share of misses. I was really impressed with her overall.

I also think the tracklist was very intentional, with the songs before/after Micce sang diary. Remembering back to her TA post about not singing it and placing it after Secret in another tour because it was like the current her singing to the her that has died. I don't have a full theory baked yet, but I think the songs were pulled for lyrical meaning. It was a really dark tour by and large, for lack of a better explanation.