Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai Natsu
Thread: [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai Natsu
View Single Post
Old 27th August 2020, 02:32 PM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Cute parts in the beginning do feel more like vocal control rather than her trying to sound a certain way. I don't think she usually sounds like that and you heard a bit of it in talkin' 2 myself for Natsu no Trouble IIRC.
I got it from Jpopsuki now, and I agree. I definitely think it's just voice control, because it's an easier way to sing. I don't mind it too much, though it tends to be a bit misplaced, like it was in this performance - but it's better than just bad singing, lol. And the rest of the performance, where she was able to sing with more power, was pretty good!

---

As for the music video, I thought it was great from about 2 minutes in, lol. The setup and everything was great and really fitting for the song, but it just missed some power? It seemed kind of odd and misplaced for me that all movement (or lack thereof) etc. up until 2 min was soooo heavy and slow. From 2 minutes in, it got the power it deserved, and so did it have all the way through the live performance. I wished it was like that all the way through the music video. Not necessarily dancing, but just some more movement to fit the pace of the song.