Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III]
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2018, 01:38 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Just on my way back from the Hiroshima show! And read few a number of pages of this thread for the first time, interesting to see a few comments similar to what I was thinking during the concert.

This is my 4th time seeing Ayu after TA 2015, CDL 15-16 and Made in Japan. Not sure where I'd rank this out of the four, but I was mostly impressed with vocals and setlist. Some songs I didn't know too well/care for, but it probably doesn't take much to beat CDL 15-16 setlist

Gutted there was no Mirrorcle World, been waiting for that one everytime and thought this show would be my best shot! Also, it didn't feel like a 20th anniversary setlist. Bold and Delicious was a pleasant surprise which got me dancing! Would have loved a few morecomments of these!

Regarding Ayu's acting, I came this time expecting it, so it didn't bother me much. It threw me off in other shows I'd seen because like others have said, it feels fake. I don't think they're necessary at all, but I watched it more as a theatrical performance along with the dancers, and I was able to enjoy it more. Whilst the sad emotions don't seem like it's genuinely her, I really admire her stage presence and energy, and her love for performing does seem genuine.

No problem with concert length, 2 and a half hours seems normal/slightly more than normal to me! If anything, the jokes/MCs in her other concerts were far too drawn out and repetitive, but this time it generally felt like a good amount.

Awesome set made by SweetHoney from H!O