Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] HBYA - Theme song "Tokyo Rainbow Pride 2012"
View Single Post
Old 30th April 2012, 04:51 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
I was only using her as an example. Another example would be ABC's recent PV in which the main singer is in bed with another man. This kind of stuff is common in J-Rock, thought most J-Rockers are 100% heterosexual. Veeeeeery few rock bands here, especially the mainstream ones, would put their lead singer in the role of a gay man. And no one thinks that Yasu is gay because of this PV. Or that he supports the gay community.

Kumi does have gay (male/male) friendly videos too, not just the ones where she humps other girls, lol. For example, TABOO was written about people being too afraid of what is "taboo" and so we shun these things instead of trying them out and possibly embracing them. The PV has her walking in on her boyfriend with another man and she smiles at them, a gesture saying that she accepts them as they are. But, sexy is Kuu's image, so of course she needs to spice things up, no matter what it is. However, that image isn't for everyone. Kumi can be trashy, which turns some people off, even if her intentions were good. But, I hear she's all over the gay distract in Japan, both in person and as an icon, but then again, so is Ayu. But, I'm just kinda waiting for Ayu to say in an official Japanese publication that she is supportive of the gay community, unprovoked, because she wants people to know. But, overall it is tricky for either lady to do it, as Japanese singers don't really get involved in social issues they way North American singers do.
I think her interview about Party Queen album, when she explains "Shake it" could be considered one of her gay-supportive speech.

And about TABOO, as I said, sometime she portrays homosexual acts (specially feminine ones) in a fetish way. The men in PV are treated by her with acceptance, but the scenes with girls... Pure hoT_lesbiAns_xxx.avi, imo.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)