Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 18th November 2018, 08:28 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
this is very sweet. I hope, in spite of everything, you're still having a wonderful ride with ayu!
I am. :-) I generally don't pay attention to critics and gossip, and I've never been to a live concert, so even though I'm aware her voice isn't what it used to be, what I get to listen to is still a polished product. And as far as that goes, I haven't been disappointed yet. Except maybe for the length of something like the Trouble EP, but that only means I still want more.

Earlier this year I've discovered Namie Amuro and Koda Kumi. While they're both fantastic performers, my Ayu playlist is still about 3 times the size of their own respective playlists. And while their live concerts are fun in their own way, I've never felt like I wanted to rewatch one of their concerts more than once--unlike Ayu's.

And in the case of concerts, I think Ayu's band and dancers all have an on-stage presence I'm not seeing elsewhere - when they do have a band at all.