Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2021-2022 A ~23rd Monster~
View Single Post
Old 13th January 2022, 07:42 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Really, I still enjoy Concert Tour 2000 and those are some awful ones. And as many people commented, I rarely watch it for her vocals ( i think most of J-Pop is the wrong place for that), but this CDL made me awfully aware of how much she missed - and with that I mean noticeably missed.

Of course, most of the show is fine or say her usually standards, but Ii feel she showcased new struggles here. I can't remember her having that much problems to hit a high note in a ballad as in secret. I will, as probably all fans, still continue to watch her concerts - but newer shows probably not as much as older ones.

That said, i love the Taiko drums (one of my fav. shows by her has them too) and I also really enjoyed the show, as it somehow did not feel as crowded as hose past few years.
Well, she's far better at hitting higher notes here than during Promised Land ou TROUBLE CDL, when she struggled a lot to do that during live broadcast (all ballads from TROUBLE CDL, snowy kiss and SAKURA from Promised Land). She's not stellar (far from that), but for me she improved a lot, it's at least stable. And I didn't mention POWER of A^3 because she was clearly sick there.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love