Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album (January 2023)
View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2022, 07:12 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxesven View Post
This may play a part too (buying Jpop was definitely better 20 years ago - €40 would deliver two albums to your doorstep, pretty much) but CDs and DVDs are also just very expensive in Japan (like many things). Unless that changes I don't think there will be a Kpop-like model for Jpop. I've bought a bunch of (non-Ayu) Jpop albums over the years and they are usually around €25-€30 for a plain, single CD version in a jewelcase. I have routinely bought fancy Kpop editions (all in all, I think I jave one in a jewelcase, and it isn't even a plain one - with the exception of a Japanese edition of the third SNSD album) and they never even cost me above €20 shipped (2013 was prime Kpop buying era for me and new releases were often around $11! Insane to think.
on ktown4u they sell albums for less than $20 and i assume that the shipping isn’t as bad in other places cuz people seem to like using that site. i tried but to where i live it ended up being wayyyy too expensive but that’s just something i have to deal with living in puerto rico 😭