Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu Schedule #11 [2008-2012] - TV Appearances, Magazines, etc.
View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:04 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ yeah that's the long and short of what happened pretty much.

And from what read in that page you posted, ayu probably should have handled herself better. The gist was basically fans were asking her what she was even doing in NYC knowing that she had a live performance in Japan so soon. How was it that she could not possibly get back? As you mentioned she could have flown on her own or private jet. But ayu's reply essential placed all blame on her manager and staff. People didn't like that. They wanted to see her take some responsibility for it because whether it is actually her fault, it is still ultimately her responsibility because it is her name out there not her staffs and you need to take responsibility for your staff members actions because they represent you. Taking responsibility, even when it might not actually be your fault is a big part of Japanese culture.

Ayu seems like she was unwilling to do that and I even picked up on some sarcasm in some of her replies. Which I kind of love her for because it once again proves that she has a much more western kind of mindset than a lot of Japanese people. But yeah, perhaps not the best move for her actual career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
and if tamori/the execs really have beef, then they're most likely just sexist and jealous. y'all know if mr.children or b'z pulled that same stunt it would be totally okay. and let's be real, tamori look like he molests young girls on trains.
[/quote]

lol, I don't even know what to say. hahaha.

But, as far as a male artist being treated the same way, I honestly don't know because I can't think of one that has missed before.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd December 2012 at 02:16 AM.