Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu and Religion
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2008, 04:43 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondingo View Post
I'm sure *Petit* knows that. I don't think he was trying to say that they're the same.

But I agree with what *Petit* said. I mean you do hear her say that her inspiration comes from God on the CNN interview and that only God knows about her future or something similar, but I don't know if she has a set religion. I think that she, like most people in Japan, doesn't really follow anything explicitly. And I know we've had threads about this before because I remember answering by saying I had heard a rumor of Ayu and hitomi being friends and sharing the fact that they're both Christians (which I still don't think is actually confirmed).
Yes I know they're different. =) My point was that they're more part of the culture than something you actually choose to actively persuade or not. Just like most would celebrate christmas here no matter if they're christian or not.

BOndingo, to the other passage of your post, I think americans are the ones saying that the most. I've never heard even most christian people here and in some other places in europe say that kind of stuff and when I think about it, if someone would say that in an award show here it would be very weird, but it's apparently so common in america. ^_^ Just like I was kind of estranged to hear that saying "your in my thoughts and prayers" would be something anyone would say and it would be nice no matter if you "pray" or not. After visiting america seemed much more "christianized" or maybe religious than any place I've been in Europe.

So no matter if she was christian or not it might not be "appropriate" to say such a thing (Like I would like to thank god, you have my blessings etc etc)

Last edited by *Petit*; 12th May 2008 at 04:46 PM.