Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [A] MADE IN JAPAN song opinions!
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2016, 03:17 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

After hearing it some times, here is my review:

tasky - amazing amazing amazing 5/5

FLOWER - There's something that sounds wrong with the drums for me, but compared to what we had on A ONE this song has a instrumental so deep that it's already a winner. The guitar solo is amazing, I hope it'll be longer when performed live. Also love her voice on the chorus, it reminds me of some pop-rock acts from Japan from like the 90s or early 2000s. Not to say it fits perfectly after tasky! 5/5

Mad World - I was expecting a heavy rock track here, but still it didn't let me down. It has a Love songs vibe to it but not in a "old demo from that era" feeling, which is good. Beautiful song and beautiful lyrics, just yaaaaaas 4.5/5

Breakdown - I gotta say I love the ending, it sounds so Muse-ish And also how so different from the first seconds of the song it is, I LOVE when ayu plays with the instrumental progressions in her songs going out of basic formulas, and the mixing/mastering is so good! I feel like it's a Duty and A ONE love child. Masterpiece, maybe my favourite of the album. 5/5

Survivor - I'm having a bit of trouble with this track... I don't dislike the choir chanting, but it feels like it takes the spotlight from ayu's voice...? Like it's backing vocals feat. ayu? Maybe their voices should have been a bit lower, either in volume or tone, for me to feel 100% okay with it. Still, it doesn't spoil the song for me! It sounds really fresh and different, and it's POWERFUL, both music and lyrics-wise. Looking forward to a live performance! 4/5

You are the only one - Now this is how to take a simple ballad and make it outstanding. The instrumental takes a route which is not too common in ayu's discography, with a hint of Japanese instruments on it, and I don't think it's placement on the album could have been better, it's like finding strength after struggling with the modern world after long. The ending of the song is also so beautiful, it's like the song blossoms as it goes. 4/5

TODAY - A good surprise for me, as I was expecting a generic pop song from the lyrics bits we had. Not the best piece of music she ever put, but I like these mid-tempos from her, and the lyrics help me appreciating it. 4/5

Mr. Darling - Eeeh, the song is not bad, but it's just not as memorable as the rest of the album, it's like each song has an idendity but this one doesn't. Still, I don't dislike it, but I feel like this will one of those songs I don't remember existing when it comes on shuffle. 3/5

Summer Love - Usually I don't like this kind of songs coming from ayu, but this one managed to be EDM-ish and still feels ayu's! It's so fun to listen to and imagine a PV hahahahah 4/5

Many Classic Moments - I made an ugly face when I saw that the song was included on MIJ, but... it does fit the album placed after Summer Love. It's not a masterpiece, but it's a different take for ayu, even if it's not as memorable as Movin' on without you. In the end it's a nice addition for the album 3/5

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads