Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [A] MADE IN JAPAN song opinions!
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2016, 03:35 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
I definitely get the impression that she's been taking it a little more seriously lately. A ONE and sixxxxxx were good efforts, but the production still sounded so cheap. Which is a shame, in my opinion, because there are some songs that could have been fantastic if they were polished nicely.

I'm just so happy that they seemed to take their time with these songs and make them sound actually finished!
Yep, this has been a major problem that I've had. The mixing on A-One and Love Again in particular just sounded soooo flat. I believe that from Love Again on she started working with a new mixer? I can't remember an exact time frame. But, yeah, the tracks - even if they were good - just sounded dead and didn't jump off the speakers. Colours was effected by this to a lesser extent though - perhaps because of the foreign production. It will be interesting to see the if this album is mixed by the same guy or not or if she got someone new. It doesn't sound like the same person to me - or maybe he just got a lot better lol.