Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - m-flo loves ayu in new album 『FUTURE IS WOW』
View Single Post
Old 5th March 2014, 08:26 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Actually, on recent years they do more electro rather than urban (and it's understandable since it's more popular on recent years), but ayu pretty much owns in the electro, and that's just thinking on Sparkle alone. It's just that ayu doesn't do enough of it... Most of ayu's recent stuff were rock, mid tempo and ballads with an electronic song occassionly. I think she needs an album with more up beat or electro stuff, or not necessarily electro, but I actually like this m-flo song so I wouldn't mind some songs of that style. And Feel the love, personally for me, is a slayer as well.

Oh and Wake me up. Yes, ayu slays on the j-electronic pop scene. Even if she does it less than the peers and differently from yasutaka nakata and perfume or even a bit different than western usual electro club hit. The "problem" is that her albums are not full of these stuff.
The problem is Ayu's attempts at EDM are always 5 years late. Every EDM track she tries is dated long before she even releases it... Wake me up is so 2008 it's almost painful.