Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2019, 05:05 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyPinkGirl View Post
Honestly, I feel people are being way too harsh on her for her vocals. Keep in mind how much she’s touring in general, her age but also her deafness. That right there plays a big part.
Well, music is supposed to sound pleasant for ears. I think she's very lucky that people can overlook her singing skills and still go to her concerts. I absolutely agree about deafness not doing her any favours, but the amount of touring is her own doing. What about her age? It's not like she's 60 and her voice changed because of that. There are artists who tour more than her and still deliver very good vocals, using proper techniques and taking proper care of their voices.
I think a big problem with Ayu is that she's been screaming for years constantly straining her voice to the point it gets hoarse like in this show. I don't know how her team is ok with that.
Anyway she said herself many years ago that despite hearing problems she'll continue being a pro without any excuses. So we all know her situation, but she asked for no special treatment herself. I believe she can improve, but it seems that she's more focused on touring, than on working with a vocal coach.
She increased her concert tickets price, so it's only fair to want some quality vocals for such money.

Last edited by Chris85; 2nd January 2019 at 05:10 AM.