Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu and Religion
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2003, 07:53 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally posted by Yuki
I dunno. Don't Christains wear crosses too? Those 2 religions have always confused me because they are so similar to each other. There was a picture of Ayu that I posted and her nails had diamonds in the shape of a cross on them. If I'm not wrong, she had a black hood on?
Christian is a general religion. If you believe in Christ than you're already a Christain. Catholic is a christian religion for example. But Catholics pray for saints like Maria for example, while many other christian religions don't. If Ayu made a song called M, it means "Maria" so it is a song that refer to the catholic religion. Also the same happens to Free&Easy cause the song refers to Joan of Ark (Joan Darc was burned by the church in the past but was later turned into a saint...weird LOL). And some of the pics from Free&Easy has Ayu as a nun. Nuns as far as I know only exist in catholicism. Which means the main religion she has mentioned in her songs was the catholicism and not the general christianism. But that doesn't exactly say what her religion is. What I think: It would be quite schizo if she used this religion to express through her songs if she didn't believe on it. There has a strong evidence that Ayu at least admires the catholic religion but that wouldn't mean she is catholic though. The crosses stuff though don't bring much evidence cause crosses are wore by anyone in this world...it's just like the Yin and Yang symbol...a lot of people don't even know what it means and still wear those as a necklace (like SurrealDreams mentioned in the other thread ahhaha)

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪