Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - The C-pop/M-pop Discussion 3rd Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th September 2014, 12:48 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1111 View Post
Give it a try definitely! This album made me a fan back in 2009. There are plenty of gems (The 5th Season, White, I Want Yours, I Started a Joke), one of the best Angela's ballads she has ever recorded.
Unfortunately, next two albums made me... I don't know, I just don't care about her anymore ...at all
Visible Wings was... blah. It was really boring. I liked Angela Zhang (the album) a lot better but only When You Live For Love really stands out IMO. It was nice though that she provided English translations for every song.

Quote:
really? I didn't expect critics to love it, but I thought fans like it. BAZAAR and Forever are good tracks, but I agree that she wants to be "Jolin-like superstar of Mainland China".
I read somewhere that she has been working on album really hard for almost 2 years, but I just don't hear this hard work there. It's okay pop/R&B album, but nothing really special. It sounds too "americanish".
The thing that bothered me the most is that half of the songs were already available when the album got released... I'm not used to that in C-Pop lol

Quote:
Do not hesitate! You must listen this album if you are a fan of C-pop.
Her first album was fine, but this time she really surprised me. It's one of the best mandarin albums of 2014.
It's not full of ballads, but don't expect it to be dance/up-beat album. Most of the songs are mid-tempo, exactly like the first single What's Next?
Listening to it on QQ right now I like mid-tempo and ballads too, but when ballads are too slow or too boring or both, I just can't o_O
EDIT: I really like it o_O She has a really nice voice. Thanks

Quote:
Genie Chuo's newest song really disappointed me. But it's because I usually don't like these cute-pop songs. err... I expected to be more "Villian-like"
I don't like it, but this "Jiu Mi Jiu Mi" thing is annoying, it gets stuck in your mind lol

Quote:
Wang Leehom's brother mentioned at the beginning of the year that he (Leehom) is preparing new album but no info there so far ...if he doesn't release album this year, I think we can really expect it to be released in the first half of 2015.
Nothing on Leehom's Facebook... He just said that he filmed an MV for Lose Myself.

Quote:
Cindy Yen's new album this year? I had no idea. Great news! I really like her first album. Don't you know if she is working on album with Jay Chou again?
It was supposed to be released in June and it got postponed to the end of the year lol She's giving updates from time to time on the new album on her FB.
I don't know about that :/
She revealed 2 songs from the upcoming album last July during an event:
愛是黑白 Love Is Black And White

刺蝟的擁抱 Hedgehog Hug

Quote:
Karen Mok's new album/EP is here sooner than I expected.
Code:
http://www.yesasia.com/global/regardez-ep-limited-edition/1036733424-0-0-0-en/info.html
Wow thanks for the tip! Last week when the song aired in Taiwan they just said that she was still working on her album, there was no release date lol