Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] Official M(A)DE in Japan sales
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] Official M(A)DE in Japan sales
View Single Post
Old 30th June 2016, 07:08 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
I'm surprised this came at #2. I wanted Ayu at #1 - instead, the one who's #1 are the IDOLM@STER Dream Girls - I mean, who are they? Vocaloids or something?

In fact, these girls were #1 in the singles last week...in a field that consisted of A.B.C-Z (a Johnny's group; I thought they would get #1!) and miwa - I'm pretty shocked! How in the world are they #1?!

To be honest, though, I'm not sure if that early streaming might've helped or not... If that didn't happen, maybe the sales numbers could've gone a bit higher, but I'm not so sure...

(Now, at first I had a thought of "don't let Kobukuro try to disrupt Ayu's sales," because Kobukuro had a daily #1 album ranking a few days back! And, yes, Keisuke Kuwata is releasing something new this week, the same week as Ayu - but unlike last time, Keisuke's releasing a single, not an album... But, yeah, I'm surprised about the IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, and not Ayu, taking #1 in the albums for now, and even then I was surprised they were #1, and not A.B.C-Z (they were #3), in the singles last week... This makes me wonder whether the Cinderella Girls' single last week was a prelude to this week's album...)
THE IDOLM@STER CDs that have been ranking lately are CDs released of a mobile rhythm game THE IDOLM@STER: STARLIGHT STAGE, which is itself based on long-lasting multimedia game/anime franchise THE IDOLM@STER. [I play this rhythm game myself] The franchise as a whole has made a huge mainstream breakthrough and a popularity comeback/boost finally after 11+ years of existing thanks to this mobile game.

And yes, there are three CDs to be released, each for one of the three main attributes each of the idols has in the game. And last week's topping CD from the same game was only a single, not a whole album.

☆Heartful thanks to ownsarai

Last edited by Eewyi; 30th June 2016 at 07:12 PM.