Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TA LIMITED LIVE TOUR 2016
View Single Post
Old 27th September 2016, 06:48 PM

Like people said, a lot of those comments aren't mean, they're true. It's not as if Ayu ever was a great vocalist, but back then she had a singing style that was very emotional, not to mention that Japanese people love high and nasal voices. To be honest, me too. Furthermore, her she completely changed the way she performs. When I remember the first TV performances I watched of Ayu, it was her and her band and she was focusing on the music. Now it's her plus 20 other people and she's focusing on the show.
I don't know, I'm a big fan of Hotel Love songs and I think the musical show style with so many dancers works very well for the show, but somehow since a few years she isn't able to have a concept for just ONE thing. When she does something, she has to do it for everything else also until she finds something else she's obsessed with.
People simply stopped to like her when the girl who was singing her heart out disappeared for the diva. It would be much wiser if she wouldn't do those grand performances on a TV show and would save those for concerts and festivals and would focus more on her voice.