Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 15th album partial tracklist info from preorder details
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 10:07 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
This may sound like a stupid question, but does anybody know where in Japan can I go to buy this album?
I just checked online with the Tsutaya near the place I'm staying and they don't sell CDs. Now that I think about it, I never really wondered about where CDs could be bought in Japan...
HMV or Tower Records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by channy View Post
I find it somewhat intriguing to see how many fans praise DAISHI DANCE for their remix of "HEAVEN" when it is actually Chieko Kinbara that made this remix stand out. Just my personal opinion, though.
Not for me. Chieko Kinbara's violin was icing on the cake, yeah, but the remix stands on its own merits.

Then again, I like DAISHI DANCE stuff in general, always have. It's a good fusion of pretty, soft sounds & house beats. He has a distinctive style.

Too many remixers go for dissonance (or sound like they're remixing a different song entirely... or they just suck). Melody & harmony don't really seem to be a part of the planning process for a lot of remixers, and the result to me is just this dull droning cacophonic mess that to me has no merit at all. So I'll enjoy ANY producer with a good sense of melody & harmony, even if their stuff is thinly arranged or not my taste. Make your style distinct from anyone else's, especially in a simple way, and you DEFINITELY have my favor. DAISHI DANCE has always accomplished all of the above IMHO.

Last edited by Delirium-Zer0; 19th May 2014 at 10:13 PM.