Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [X]
View Single Post
Old 20th March 2012, 12:33 PM
glitter Initiate

I still have this question in my mind. If they really didn't need an album to be released for a tour this year since the tour has already been decided, why the rush? Rushed since there were no singles, only 4 pvs, etc.

AVEX would've made tons of more money if they released 2 or 3 singles before it, adding all the sales of the singles and the album itself. And the album would've had better chances at selling more just for including those singles. Many of the tracks in the album if not all of them (to me anyway) had great potential to become singles.

And I'm not basing myself only in this first day's sales, I'm just saying in general, without even thinking about the numbers we have atm.

It just looks all to me like a big marketing tragedy.

EDIT: And it is obvious they tried to push it all with the DVDs and ****, but we could've waited longer for those DVDs, we waited AGES for AT07's DVD and it ended up being not so great at the end. It's not like the album needed to be dropped now because the concerts' DVDs needed to be released

Last edited by SURREAL__RAINBOW; 20th March 2012 at 01:21 PM.