Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu is now on Spotify
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2017, 07:16 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
As for the argument of "only true fans by the CD", I think there is some truth to that. If somebody really is a fan, just pressing play on a highly compressed digital file for free, versus buying the album, holding the artists finished product they worked hard on, reading the lyrics, sitting down and listening to it in their room, listening to all the details in the music, admiring the album on the shelf. Those fans just don't see how the album is an integral part of the artist they claim to love so much.
For example, I think someone who only streams an artist's music when they can easily buy the CD/vinyl shows a lack of passion for the artist since they don't even think their album is worth paying money for or owning. But this doesn't mean they don't qualify as a fan.
Look, I'd rather pay a Spotify subscription and be able to listen to all ayu albums in great quality than saving like, four months worth of subscription and be able to buy ONE physical album of hers that I won't even be able to listen away from home. I love having the album together with my collection, seeing the booklet, looking at the cover, but it's impossible nowadays. I have a very big ayu collection but the last thing I bought was the feel the love/merry go round single when it was released. I guess I would only buy her albums again if I ever go to Japan or sth.
The thing is... streaming is way more accessible than buying physical albums, while also being way more practical. I like buying albums from my favorite artists, but I just buy them for collecting purposes. I'll listen to them using Spotify anyways. lol
We're all fans and every one experiences the songs and their passion in different ways.