Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II]
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 07:48 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Okay... So I'll say a terrible thing that I'm used to saying by now as regards with her releases, I wasn't expecting anything and so I'm not disappointed.

From all the information we have by now everything feels lazy. Another easy release with little effort. Unless they change their plan and add something amazing.
I don't understand the live compilation. It seems really random and just a second thought to make the release more pricey with not effort.
Doesn't fit the A BALLADS brand either to me. I know it can evolve but I don't know... I would be way more happy with just one cd, a few tracks rearranged, a GORGEOUS concept that's following the first one and that's it.

This release feels like a mix of random things (tied by the ballad genre) put together hastily just for the sake of releasing something. Using an old brand just to make people excited and create some buzz.

Even the cover is totally bland and does not express a thing. Love the lilac tone, that's it. Could either be an ad for sticky lipsticks or creepy lenses.

You know what I would be happy with? A BEST 3. I don't expect anything more than an awesome compilation of all the "best" songs since B&D / Pride with a cover in the lines of the original and the second one. Put PVs on the discs if you want (don't care) and call it a day. I would be really happy to buy it and listen to it.
Resurrecting A BALLADS for this... There is no point. Put out another Spotify playlist.

I'm not mad or extremely disappointed at all because as I said I had no expectation. I'm just bored by so little creativity and commitment.

One more thing : why the font has to be translucent and WHY ON EARTH it's not the same as the original one T_T ?

Last edited by hidekirby; 21st February 2021 at 07:52 PM.